LGA is accepting applications for all grades for the 2017-18 academic year. Kindergarten is a main entry point into the school. Completed first round kindergarten applications (for children age 5 by September 1) are due by February 1 each year. However, there are still openings and parents are encouraged to contact the Admissions Office to set up a time to visit the school. Grades 1-6 and second round kindergarten applications inquiries are welcome throughout the year and applications will be accepted as long as there is space available.
Please contact the Admissions Office to arrange a visit and a tour.
LGA offers affordable tuition, need-based financial aid and tuition incentives – for eligible families – through the Harold Grinspoon Foundation.
Fee-based daily van transportation is available from Amherst, and Longmeadow (mornings only).
Application steps for new families:
- In the fall, set up a meeting and tour with the Admissions Director.
- Attend Open House
- February 1, 2017; Submit a completed application for each student with the $45 non-refundable application.
- Submit the “request for records” to your student’s current school for all records to be sent to LGA.
- Arrange a time for your prospective student (grades 1 – 6) to visit LGA.
- February 1, 2017; Deadline for all families requesting financial aid applying through FACTS Tuition Management System.
- February 15, 2017; “Visit Day” required for all prospective kindergarten students. This “visit” takes place during the morning and is an opportunity for the LGA staff to meet the incoming kindergarten students.
- The week of March 6, 2017; Families will receive acceptances, deposit requests, contracts, payment options and financial aid award letters.
- Payment plan options include:
- One single payment in April
- Two payments; one in April and one in September
- 10-month payment plan; begins in April (through January) paid through FACTS
- March 20, 2017; Return signed tuition contract, deposit and payment plan to LGA.
- April 3, 2017; Deadline for first payment (of two) or full payment for the ’17- ’18 school year. Second payment / balance due by September 1, 2017.
- April 5/20, 2017; FACTS 10-month payment plan begins (electronic withdrawals).
Click here to sign up and enroll in FACTS